Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Henry Story <hj...@bblfish.net> on 2003/05/08 21:01:33 UTC

permissions compared with apache

Is it possible to have access rules similar to the mod_dav
rules defined in our httpd.conf file, of which I have pasted an extract
below.

It would be nice to be able to say things like:
 - "only allow group ce to access directories that have a "/ce/" path in
the them."
 - "only allow admins to add files to all
subdirectories that satisfy the following pattern
/production/*/*/*common/"

I was initially thinking a web-resource-collection in web.xml might do the
trick, but the servlet specification 2.3 and 2.4 do not allow such
flexible use of regular expressions.

Any better ideas?

      <DirectoryMatch "/CVS/|/cvs/">
		Order deny,allow
		Deny from all
	</DirectoryMatch>

	<LocationMatch "FR">
		Require group admins
		<LimitExcept PUT POST DELETE PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
			Require group fr
		</LimitExcept>
	</LocationMatch>

	<LocationMatch "ce">
		Require group admins ce
	</LocationMatch>

	<LocationMatch "dap">
		Require group admins dap
	</LocationMatch>

	<LocationMatch "/production/.*/.*/.*/common">
		Require group admins
		<LimitExcept DELETE>
			Require group ce dap
		</LimitExcept>
	</LocationMatch>

	<LocationMatch "/production/images/*">
		Require group admins
		<LimitExcept DELETE>
			Require valid-user
		</LimitExcept>
	</LocationMatch>

Re: permissions compared with apache

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
Henry Story <hj...@bblfish.net> writes:

> Is it possible to have access rules similar to the mod_dav
> rules defined in our httpd.conf file, of which I have pasted an extract
> below.

How about putting a apache/mod_proxy in front of your
servlet engine?
Btw. has someone experience doing this? There
where some issues with mod_proxy and HTTP 1.1.

You could also use slide ACLs to limit access to resources.
A content interceptor could create the ACLs
automatically at creation time, if the url
satisfies some regular expression.

--
Martin Holz     <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>

Softwareentwicklung / Vernetztes Studium - Chemie
FIZ CHEMIE Berlin
Franklinstrasse 11
D-10587 Berlin