Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Daniel Einspanjer <de...@mozilla.com> on 2010/09/26 04:24:20 UTC

Cluster hardware scenarios

  I've been trying to figure out what specs our next HBase cluster
should have.  That mostly involves considering the balance between #
nodes, disks, memory, and CPU.

I put together this rough Google Docs spreadsheet with inaccurate but
somewhat relative prices for some SuperMicro enclosures that we've used
in the past.  Also considering some HP DL160 or DL320s but I haven't put
those in the list yet.

I went ahead and shared the sheet and made it publicly editable so if
anyone is interested in crowdsourcing there ideas here, I'd love to see
them.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtdL1GrYQUbldDRvWFhmZ0xoc0huM3BYbmNsbmdoMHc&hl=en&authkey=CLbXk_wE

-Daniel