Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Paul Bergeron <pa...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/19 16:56:43 UTC

Nimbus H/A in 1.0.X, how does it work?

Hello,

I see https://storm.apache.org/releases/1.0.4/nimbus-ha-design.html as part
of the documentation, and I see that STORM-166
https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/354 was merged in 08/2015.

However much of it was changed in STORM-876
https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/845 when it was merged in 12/2015.

In the current config defaults I still see storm.codedistributor.class
https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/master/conf/defaults.yaml#L54

I also see the blobstore config defaults
https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/master/conf/defaults.yaml#L121-L135

Per the original article, it looked like there was a Nimbus implementation
that had H/A with only Zookeeper. I would like to use that for a production
cluster deploy.

- Does this still exist?
- In what capacity does it still exist, if so?
- How do I enable it?
- Does storm.codedistributor.class still make sense in the config file?

Thanks,
Paul

Re: Nimbus H/A in 1.0.X, how does it work?

Posted by Stig Rohde Døssing <sr...@apache.org>.
Please avoid posting unrelated questions in response to an existing thread,
it makes the discussion harder to follow. Let's continue this in a new
thread if necessary.

Try running mvn clean install -DskipTests -U. If Maven fails to resolve a
dependency once, it will not try again until forced to by -U, or a timeout
has elapsed (I think normally 24 hours).

Posted by "Yi, Dan" <dy...@rosettastone.com>.