Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/19 08:26:13 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.20.0 (rc2)

Hi all,

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Mesos 0.20.0.

NOTE: 0.20.0-rc1 has a bug on Mac (MESOS-1713) which is fixed in 0.20.0-rc2.

0.20.0 includes the following:
This release includes a lot of new cool features. The major new features are
listed below:

* Docker support in Mesos:
  * Users now can launch executors/tasks within Docker containers.
  * Mesos now supports running multiple containerizers simultaneously. The
slave
    can dynamically choose a containerizer to launch containers based on the
    configuration of executors/tasks.

* Container level network monitoring for mesos containerizer:
  * Network statistics for each active container can be retrieved through
the
    /monitor/statistics.json endpoint on the slave.
  * Completely transparent to the tasks running on the slave. No need to
change
    the service discovery mechanism for tasks.

* Framework authorization:
  * Allows frameworks to (re-)register with authorized roles.
  * Allows frameworks to launch tasks/executors as authorized users.
  * Allows authorized principals to shutdown framework(s) through HTTP
endpoint.

* Framework rate limiting:
  * In a multi-framework environment, this feature aims to protect the
    throughput of high-SLA (e.g., production, service) frameworks by having
the
    master throttle messages from other (e.g., development, batch)
frameworks.

* Enable building against installed third-party dependencies.

* API Changes:
  * [MESOS-857] - The Python API now uses different namespacing. This will
break
    existing schedulers, please refer to the upgrades document.
  * [MESOS-1409] - Status update acknowledgements are sent through the
Master
    now. This only affects you if you're using a non-Mesos binding (e.g.
pure
    language binding), in which case refer to the upgrades document.

* HTTP endpoint changes:
  * [MESOS-1188] - "deactivated_slaves" represents inactive slaves in
"/stats.json" and "/state.json".
  * [MESOS-1390] - "/shutdown" authenticated endpoint has been added to
master to shutdown a framework.

* Deprecations:
  * [MESOS-1219] - Master should disallow completed frameworks from
re-registering with same framework id.
  * [MESOS-1695] - "/stats.json" on the slave exposes "registered" value as
string instead of integer.

This release also includes several bug fixes and stability improvements.

The candidate for Mesos 0.20.0 release is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/0.20.0-rc2/mesos-0.20.0.tar.gz

The tag to be voted on is 0.20.0-rc2:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=commit;h=0.20.0-rc2

The MD5 checksum of the tarball can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/0.20.0-rc2/mesos-0.20.0.tar.gz.md5

The signature of the tarball can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/0.20.0-rc2/mesos-0.20.0.tar.gz.asc

The PGP key used to sign the release is here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/mesos/KEYS

The JAR is up in Maven in a staging repository here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemesos-1030

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Mesos 0.20.0!

The vote is open until Thu Aug 21 23:23:19 PDT 2014 and passes if a
majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Mesos 0.20.0

- Jie

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.20.0 (rc2)

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Synced with Tim. We both think this shouldn't be a blocker for the release.

- Jie

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Tim, I demangled the symbol:

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Tim, I demangled the symbol:

Posted by Tim St Clair <ts...@redhat.com>.

--
Cheers,
Timothy St. Clair

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.20.0 (rc2)

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.
Make check passes with Docker tests passed as well on Ubuntu 14.04

+1

Tim

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niklas Nielsen <ni...@mesosphere.io>.
+1

make check on
Ubuntu 14.04 gcc version 4.8.2 (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1) and
Mac OS X clang-503.0.40

Looking so much forward to this release!

Niklas

Posted by Niklas Nielsen <ni...@mesosphere.io>.
+1

Posted by Ian Downes <id...@twitter.com.INVALID>.