Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by $uMe$h <1c...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/02 10:33:08 UTC

Need mentor

Hi all,

I just joined tomcat dev list. Can someone guide me on, how can I start
contributing ?
It would be helpful if I get any mentor, who can guide me through the
process and I can kick start.

Thanks and Regards,
Sumesh

Re: Development Tasks

Posted by "Igal @ Lucee.org" <ig...@lucee.org>.
Hi Coty,

On 10/2/2017 9:13 AM, Coty Sutherland wrote:
> Have you taken a look at the CONTRIBUTING guide in the repo?
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/blob/trunk/CONTRIBUTING.md If it's
> insufficient, let us know and we can update it. Right now it only
> suggests looking at Beginner bugs, so we definitely need to expand
> that (there are only three bugs currently flagged as Beginner). I'll
> keep an eye out for other suggestions and add them as we go along
> since there seems to be a few requests for getting started material
> open at the moment.

I have looked at it an managed to contribute a little in the past.

I was unaware of the new link to the Beginner issues fitler though, so
that's a good addition.  I will look into the ones that are currently
labeled as such.

It'd be great if some more issues will be marked as
Beginner/Intermediate though as many of us want to contribute.

Best,

Igal Sapir

Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org <http://lucee.org/>

Re: Development Tasks (was: Need mentor)

Posted by Coty Sutherland <cs...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Igal @ Lucee.org" <ig...@lucee.org>.
Hi Mark (et al.),

Re: Need mentor

Posted by Coty Sutherland <cs...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 7:06 AM, $uMe$h <1c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Mark for guiding. Once I complete first step (getting local
> instance running) will ask for further help.

There are also further instructions in the README and CONTRIBUTING
documents in the source code repositories, easiest viewed on Github
(for trunk: https://github.com/apache/tomcat).

Re: Need mentor

Posted by $uMe$h <1c...@gmail.com>.

Re: Need mentor