Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by "T.W." <to...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/16 18:07:05 UTC

Problem with getAliasForX509Cert(byte[] skiBytes)

Hi,

We seems to have problem with the new certificate that we have currently
acquired. The program was working fine with the old certificate in which the
only difference that I could tell is the key size. The old one is on 1024
bit while the new certificate is on 2048 bit.

We tried both wss4j-1.1 and also wss4j-1.5.3 versions but still got the same
result.

org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: General security error
(Unexpected number of X509Data: for decryption (KeyId))

After tracing the WSS4J code, the problem is with the
getAliasForX509Cert(byte[] skiBytes) function in which a null alias was
returned. If we change it to return the correct alias name in the keystore,
everything works as normal.

Any comments?

Re: Problem with getAliasForX509Cert(byte[] skiBytes)

Posted by "T.W." <to...@gmail.com>.
The problem still exists even though unlimited key strength JCE jars are
installed into <java_home>/jre/lib/security folder.

Can someone please help?