Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net> on 2007/02/21 23:47:00 UTC

How to set command line so log4j logs everything to console

I have a custom version of the Maven 1.0.2 Castor taglib.  In this, I
need to set log4j properties so that everything just logs straight to
the console.  I'd really like to avoid having a separate
log4j.properties file.  I'd rather just set everything I need on the
command line, with "-D" properties.  Is this practical?

Re: How to set command line so log4j logs everything to console

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK, log4j doesn't support that.

James Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/