Posted to users@flex.apache.org by leokan23 <le...@best-web.gr> on 2019/02/14 11:33:50 UTC

[Release] New Flex Apps - Medical Support

Hi all,

once again, I wanted to share my teams latest release, to encourage people
still working with Flex. :) This time the mobile app focuses on supporting
women who had cancer in the past. The client is the biggest NGO supporting
women with cancer or metastasis.

We created an companion app with information about drugs and terms, calendar
to present events but also add your logs, a social Wall to post encouraging
messages, a system to help you achieve new goals and many more.

Once again I want to thank @quick6black for his awesome UI library and hope
that I will find the time to soon start working on a new one with him.

The app is in soft launch mode, but we already get positive feedback.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tech.simpleapps.myalma

Re: [Release] New Flex Apps - Medical Support

Posted by Benjamin Povirk <Be...@pop-tv.si>.
Follow me on twitter, I retweeted and followed you :)
We Flexers are rare, let's stick together ;)

> On 14 Feb 2019, at 13:50, leokan23 <le...@best-web.gr> wrote:
>
> Unfortunately it is only in Greek for now. Although the client asked for base
> support for multi language so it might released in English later on.

SAMO NASLOVNIKU! / ONLY FOR THE INTENDED RECIPIENT!

Opozorilo: Ta elektronska pošta vsebuje informacije, ki so lahko zaupne narave in so namenjene samo naslovniku. Če je bilo zaradi napake v naslovu ali pri prenosu sporočilo poslano drugam, prosimo, da o tem obvestite njegovega avtorja. Če sporočilo ni bilo namenjeno vam, ne smete uporabljati, razkriti, širiti, kopirati, tiskati ali kakorkoli uporabiti informacije v sporočilu.

Disclaimer: This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.

Re: [Release] New Flex Apps - Medical Support

Posted by leokan23 <le...@best-web.gr>.

Posted by Benjamin Povirk <Be...@pop-tv.si>.
That's great!
We love brests, we hate cancer.
Is it in English as well?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Leokan,

great app as always! congrats.
If you want to show case in the official Apache Flex twitter account
please, send me text and image, and I can post it for you!

For people here that doesn't like HTML/JS/CSS, I encourage you to try
Apache Royale. We recently finish a first real app with Apache Royale using
Jewel UI set and we achieved a good app programing in AS·/MXML but
targeting the browser. Hope to share soon (maybe a month or so) more info
as client let us unveil this effort.

So, although is not 1.0 yet Apache Royale is nowadays in my opinion a
technology that you can use for production apps and other important point
is that performance is awesome!

Thanks for sharing and have a good weekend! :)

Carlos

El vie., 15 feb. 2019 a las 13:30, leokan23 (<le...@best-web.gr>) escribió:

> Thank you guys. This is a high profile client, very well known in Greece,
> and
> I was happy to be able to once again use Flex.
>
> We already started our next app to be released in June, with one of the
> biggest telekoms in eu. :) Again, flex is my weapon of choice :)

Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: [Release] New Flex Apps - Medical Support

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Leo,

Congrats! Look awesome!

Olaf,

To our stack I would add also Moonshine IDE[1], which is more and more
stable. I'm using it to develop in Royale and Flex!

[1] https://moonshine-ide.com

Thanks,
Piotr

Posted by "Paulus de B." <w....@knollenstein.com>.
That's a great looking app and putting Flex to very good use!

Continuing your encouragement for people working with Flex, I'd like to
share what we have developed in Flex.

We have developed a rebuild of our Flash / browser UI into an AIR/Flex app.
One of the features in this new app we use a lot is our newly built workflow
system. We use a tree with drag and drop etc to define the workflow, our
Tomee cluster than executes the workflow. It supports all kinds of steps
like assigning task forms, encryption/hashing, maps/lists, loops, opening
http/browser sessions, doing SQL queries etc.

Flex saves us a lot of time developing a cross platform UI (compared to e.g.
the HTML/CSS/Javascript hell) and the workflow system we built with it saves
a lot of time getting our new products and offers in production.

Our stack is:
- MySQL Percona Cluster, MySQL Cluster, Aerospike and Elasticsearch
- Tomee cluster
- AIR/Flex

Here is a screenshot of the workflow part in our AIR/Flex app currently in
use:
<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/t1179/Screen_Shot_2019-02-14_at_13.png>