Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Po...@FT.com on 2004/01/06 17:36:01 UTC

Most performant way of retrieving resources recursively?

Hi. I would like to be able to go a single Dav method that returns me all
resources recursively from a given directory location. What is the least
chatty way to do this? I am happy with a list of WebDavResources comprising
directories and files.

Thanks,
Portia

Re: Most performant way of retrieving resources recursively?

Posted by Michael Smith <ms...@speedlegal.com>.
Emiliano Heyns wrote:
> Portia.Tung@FT.com wrote:
>
>> Hi. I would like to be able to go a single Dav method that returns me all
>> resources recursively from a given directory location. What is the least
>> chatty way to do this? I am happy with a list of WebDavResources
>> comprising
>> directories and files.
>

> A propfind with depth: infinity.
>
> Emile

But note that most DAV servers (including Slide) will not actually
implement Depth: infinity. Slide limits it to a (configurable, I think)
depth - defaulting to 3?

Mike

Re: Most performant way of retrieving resources recursively?

Posted by Emiliano Heyns <em...@iris-advies.nl>.