Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ich selbst <ic...@gmx.ch> on 2002/08/17 15:53:57 UTC

windows lib

Hi,

- Is there a compiled windows library of subversion available? I want to try an addin for VS but
  I can't get the sources compiled. And it would also be easier if there's a library (lib or dll)
  exporting the functions of the client interface which can be used without hours of
  downloading sources, looking for required external sources, editing files to get subversion
  compiled (I gave up after one week because neon resisted every try to compile).

- Is an installer of the subversion server planned for windows? It should be a really easy installer
  so that no "manual" work has to be done (If you'd know our Admin, you'd know why I'm asking for
  that).

Stefan

Re: windows lib

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

>"Ich selbst" <ic...@gmx.ch> writes:
>

>>There's a windows installer, right. But it contains the command line
>>svn and not the library. It's not the best solution to use the
>>command line tool to build a GUI or an IDE addin with.
>>

>Is that true?  Our windows installer only includes a massive
>statically linked client binary?  I could *swear* that it installed
>all the libsvn_*.dll's and headers as well.  But I last used the
>0.14.0 installer.  Has it changed since then?

You must've been dreaming. There never have been any libsvn_*.dll's on
Windows. I'm getting there, but the .dsp generator is first.

Re: windows lib

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
"Ich selbst" <ic...@gmx.ch> writes:

> There's a windows installer, right. But it contains the command line
> svn and not the library. It's not the best solution to use the
> command line tool to build a GUI or an IDE addin with.

Is that true?  Our windows installer only includes a massive
statically linked client binary?  I could *swear* that it installed
all the libsvn_*.dll's and headers as well.  But I last used the
0.14.0 installer.  Has it changed since then?

> And there's no installer for the svn server.

The server is Apache 2.0.  Go install that.  The svn installer should
include the mod_dav_svn.so module that you could just drop into
apache.

Re: windows lib

Posted by Ich selbst <ic...@gmx.ch>.
There's a windows installer, right. But it contains the command line svn and
not the
library. It's not the best solution to use the command line tool to build a
GUI
or an IDE addin with. What I want is a library exporting the functions
directly.

Re: windows lib

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.