Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Alisa Z." <pr...@mail.ru> on 2016/04/22 00:29:39 UTC

Re[2]: Traversal of documents through network

 Well, it took me 7 milliseconds to index a 100MB dataset on a local Solr. So you could assume that for 1 GB it would take 70ms= 0.07s which is still pretty fast.
Yet dealing with network delays is a separate issue.

100 wikipedia article-size documents shouldn't be a big problem.

Re: Re[2]: Traversal of documents through network

Posted by vidya <vi...@tcs.com>.
(1) So,dispalying the content(traversal of documents) depends on my
pagination ?
If i specify all 500 documents to be dispalyed and first 10 on the first
page and remaining on the other, that implies that all documents traverse
through network ?

(2) In my application, front end of UI is developed by one team and back end
of indexing is done by one team. How to implement highlighting feature in
solr. By developing a request handler with highlighting parameters turned on
and with termvector components, can i highlight the term queried ? Or any
special configuration needed ?

Please help me on these two.

Thanks