Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vincent De Groote <vi...@encelade.be> on 2003/08/05 18:32:01 UTC

Database Reader exception

In Cocoon-2.1rc1, and the last (cocoon-2.1_20030805041644) snapshot:

I made a change in the DatabaseReader class, to avoid a
java.lang.ClassCastException.  I don't know where to forward this source
change to make it available for all, so I suppose this list is the correct
way to request the propagation:

In DatabaseReader.class, there is a java.lang.ClassCastException in the
function "service", when the return value of manager.lookup() is assigned to
the dbselector variable.  This prevents normal operations of the class
(sic).

After changing the type of dbselector (first variable of the class) from
ComponentSelector to ServiceSelector, the class works properly.

Could you apply the changes to the source files ?

RE: Database Reader exception

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi,

thanks for reporting this. I just changed to code, could you please
cross-check?

Thanks
Carsten