Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Venkat.krsna" <ve...@shloklabs.com> on 2009/08/21 09:11:31 UTC

Maven for java-tomcat-webproject

Hi,
       I am new to maven tool. My objective is i am having a tomcat web
project and build the java source files using apache-ant-1.7
(C:\apache-ant-1.7.1). I have to use the maven2 tool for build purpose. But
I dont know how to configure the project in my tomcat folder in maven
pom.xml file.
      Please take this criteria. I am having a web project AAA in my tomcat
installed folder.
I want to build the project AAA
(which is in the location C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.5\webapps\AAA ) through maven2. maven installed location is C:\Program
Files\Apache Software Foundation\apache-maven-2.2.1.

    Please help me.

Re: Maven for java-tomcat-webproject

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
And I am suggesting to have it the other way round. Lots simpler to
use the tools like they are designed rather than circumvent their
defaults and settings.,

Jochen

Posted by "Venkat.krsna" <ve...@shloklabs.com>.
Hi thanks for your suggestion. I got your point regarding the deployment.
Anyway, now i read the basics of maven from the link which you sent me and
do the process which i need.

thanks

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by "Venkat.krsna" <ve...@shloklabs.com>.