Intergrating RAZOR & DCC to SA

Hello All,

I have done an install of SA version 3.1.7 on SUSE 10.2. A couple of remote
mail servers will be connecting to server via port 783 - so far all works
good from the SA end.

I also installed RAZOR and DCC but I cant get SA to use Razor and DCC when
SA is running as a service, obviously I must have missed something in the
installation readme but for the life of me I cant figure out what I missed.

RAZOR and DCC will scan and be invoked if I manually run SA using for
example echo "test" | spamassassin -D

But when spamd service is running I dont see razor and dcc invoked (I base
this on the logs).

For DCC I have the following in v310.pre:

# DCC - perform DCC message checks.
#
# DCC is disabled here because it is not open source.  See the DCC
# license for more details.
#
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC

# Razor2 - perform Razor2 message checks.
#
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2

In local.cf I have

# Enable or disable network checks
skip_rbl_checks         1
use_razor2              1
use_dcc                 1
use_pyzor               0

# Default Razor settings, hardcoded
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2
razor_config /razor/razor-agent.conf

loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC
dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks much,

William

Re: Intergrating RAZOR & DCC to SA

Posted by John Andersen <js...@pen.homeip.net>.
On Friday 09 March 2007, Mailing Lists wrote:
> I have done an install of SA version 3.1.7 on SUSE 10.2.

Whoa, stop right there.

look in /etc/sysconfig/spamd

You will see that the default for Suse is to launch spamd with
command line parameters  "-d -c -L"

The -L is turning off your network tests.

Whack that file, and you are good to go.  Just remove -L

--
_____________________________________
John Andersen

Re: Intergrating RAZOR & DCC to SA

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 09:37:02AM -0500, Mailing Lists wrote:
> I also installed RAZOR and DCC but I cant get SA to use Razor and DCC when
> SA is running as a service, obviously I must have missed something in the
> installation readme but for the life of me I cant figure out what I missed.

When you say "service" you mean spamd, right?

> But when spamd service is running I dont see razor and dcc invoked (I base
> this on the logs).

You can run spamd in debug mode.  You don't specify the commandline you're
using for spamd either.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"I'm barely holding my fudge right now." - From the movie Buckaroo Bonzai