Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by pawan gandhi <pa...@dowjones.com> on 2009/05/01 18:08:54 UTC

Archiva Logout Action Issue

Hi Everyone,

I have deployed Archiva 1.2 war in jboss and integrated it with oracle. I am
getting NullpointerException when i go for logout. I have started it in
office machine in evening and when i came next morning and clicked on just
"Logout", it threw NullpointerException and some stack trace related to
logout struts action.

Please let me know if you have any idea.

Thanks
Pawan

Re: Archiva Logout Action Issue

Posted by pawan gandhi <pa...@dowjones.com>.
I regenerated this error. Please check below stack trace

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:515)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:419)

com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)

com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(ActionContextCleanUp.java:99)

org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException

org.codehaus.plexus.redback.struts2.action.LogoutAction.logout(LogoutAction.java:69)
	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

--------------------
Thanks
Pawan

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 9:08 AM, pawan gandhi <pa...@dowjones.com> wrote:

> I have deployed Archiva 1.2 war in jboss and integrated it with oracle. I am
> getting NullpointerException when i go for logout. I have started it in
> office machine in evening and when i came next morning and clicked on just
> "Logout", it threw NullpointerException and some stack trace related to
> logout struts action.

Try refreshing the page before you click logout... my guess is that
your login has expired by the time you arrive in the morning, and
there won't be a logout link.

It looks like a bug in Redback, which Archiva relies on for the users
and security roles.  Can you please open an issue and include the
stack trace?  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/REDBACK

--
Wendy