Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Goyal, Arpit" <ar...@sap.com> on 2013/10/09 06:01:47 UTC

Why Camel-Crypto VerifyingProcessor doesn't construct Out Message?

Hello,

VerifyingProcessor class doesn't construct Out Message like the SigningProcess does. So basically after Verifying Processor is completed, we should stop the route, which in practical scenario is not the case. Once the route has verified the message, then further processing to the message will be required! So like SigningProcess, ideally VerifiyingProcessor should also pass on the Out Message.

Is this as per design?

Regards,
Arpit.

RE: Why Camel-Crypto VerifyingProcessor doesn't construct Out Message?

Posted by "Goyal, Arpit" <ar...@sap.com>.
Hi Stephan,

Yeah it was my mistake in understanding. I thought VerifyingProcessor is InOut type processor and it should construct out message. Went through the doc again - http://camel.apache.org/using-getin-or-getout-methods-on-exchange.html and got my problem resolved.

Regards,
Arpit.

Why should the verifying processor change the message? If a processor does not change a message, this simply means that the message that was sent into that processor is kept.

Best regards
Stephan

Posted by "Siano, Stephan" <st...@sap.com>.
Hi Arpit,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
See also this FAQ

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Why Camel-Crypto VerifyingProcessor doesn't construct Out Message?

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Goyal,

Out is only used in an InOut Exchange. That means that if the from()
endpoint used is cxf, jetty, mina, netty, ... then they are waiting about a
response to be returned to the client calling them. In this case and camel
route, the pattern used is InOut and Out (Body, Headers) object will used
for the response.
In most of the case, the from() endpoint does not need to return a response
and then the Out object will be null. In this camel route, the exchange
pattern is of type InOny.

Regards,

--
Charles Moulliard