Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nilesh N <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/24 14:12:49 UTC

[users@httpd] Max file size for upload

Hi All,

Is there some way I can specify max file size for
upload? any config settings available? I am getting
apache bridge error If I try to upload a file with
size > 2Mb.
Sorry, if this is a repeating question, but could not
locate info on net.

Thanks a lot in Advance.

Regards,
Nilesh.

=====
Nilesh N,

Re: [users@httpd] Max file size for upload

Posted by Nilesh N <ni...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, Weblogic has error log , but it does not show any
specific error when the page cannot be dispplayed
error is thrown to client.

I had put input type ="hidden" before the type ="file"
line. Could you please suggest how do I need to
revise? Some extra care needs to be taken?

I was able to upload the filesize of 12 mb, but on
choose of submit of form, got an error of page cannot
be displayed. so looks like I need to do something
more on top of simply including the max_file_size
line.

As regards apache log, It said (32)Broken pipe: client
stopped connection before rflush completed.

I guess, this message probably means broken link betn
weblogic and apache!

Thanks and Regards,
Nilesh.

=====

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.

Posted by Nilesh N <ni...@yahoo.com>.
1. Yes, the back-engine is weblogic with which the
communicatoin fails , but dunno why.
2. I tried and am using MAX_FILE_SIZE with hidden name
as below
<INPUT type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE>"
value="10000000">
3. jsp is basically an html page.

=====

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.

Posted by Nilesh N <ni...@yahoo.com>.
Hi!

Again the same activity of File upload but different
error:
Now, for the apache bridge problem, I changed the file
size check from 2MB to 20MB.
When I was throwing exception for file Size > 2MB, I
was getting apache bridge failure error. To fix this,
I changed the minimum size as 20MB (thus simply
ignored the file size).
So no more apache bridge failure error. However, this
time I got "page cannot be displayed error".
I have a strong feeling that Somewhere , somehow , the
apache connection breaks and the redirection to the
desired jsp page is not happening. but why?

Environment : weblogic 4.5.1
OS : Sun Solaris
IE6.0

=====

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.

Posted by Nilesh N <ni...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

When I try to upload a file with size > 2Mb, I get
error mentioned below. This is the error that appears
on the client .
On the server, we have put a validation that if file
size > 1 Mb, simply throw an exception : "file size
greater than 1 Mb" . But instead of showing the
exception on the jsp page , it shows me apache bridge
failure error. The server does show the exception
properly in the log. So everything behaves fine on the
server. But somehow the exception is not being shown
properly on the jsp page rather communicated to jsp
page and brige failure message appears.

It is only in case of file upload that I am getting
brige failuire error. For other application level
exceptions (like invalid data ), It shows the error
properly.

The exact error is mentioned below:

Failure of server APACHE bridge:

POST timed out to the server xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7003

Build date/time: Jun 3 2002 12:30:39

Change Number: 187328 HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server
Error Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:44:36 GMT Server:
Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.11 OpenSSL/0.9.6g
mod_gzip/1.3.19.1a Content-Type: text/html Connection:
close Transfer-Encoding: chunked, chunked
Failure of server APACHE bridge:

Send request failed

=====

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.