Posted to users@camel.apache.org by S-camel <s....@gmail.com> on 2015/10/28 17:09:54 UTC

How do I consume from ActiveMQ using the MQTT protocol

Hello,

I have developed a MQTT route to consume from activemq, but it isnt working.
In the console i can clearly see that it is consuming. The route works with
HiveMQ and Mosquito broker. Only ActiveMQ isnt working.

Are there people who faced the same problem?

Re: How do I consume from ActiveMQ using the MQTT protocol

Posted by S-camel <s....@gmail.com>.
Hi Claus,

Thanks for the reply. I provided more details, I looked at the links but I
cant find a direct solution.

Apache camel: 2.14.1
IDE: Eclipse

Route consuming from sandbox (works):
from("mqtt:test?host=tcp://iot.eclipse.org:1883&subscribeTopicName=test&qualityOfService=ExactlyOnce"
			.to("file:src/data");

Route consuming from activemq (doesn't work):
from("mqtt:foo?host=tcp://[AcitveMQ
IP]:1883&subscribeTopicName=foo&qualityOfService=ExactlyOnce")
			.to("file:src/data");

Re: How do I consume from ActiveMQ using the MQTT protocol

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You are not providing much details for people to help.

Yeah the rhiot project are using MQTT and Camel as part of the IoT and
with AMQ as the broker.
https://gautric.github.io/blog/2015/05/20/camel-iot-labs-i2c-gpio-mqtt-lcd.html

And camel-mqtt itself is using ActiveMQ for unit testing
https://github.com/apache/camel/tree/master/components/camel-mqtt

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 5:09 PM, S-camel <s....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have developed a MQTT route to consume from activemq, but it isnt working.
> In the console i can clearly see that it is consuming. The route works with
> HiveMQ and Mosquito broker. Only ActiveMQ isnt working.
>
> Are there people who faced the same problem?

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
Camel in Action 2nd edition:
https://www.manning.com/books/camel-in-action-second-edition