Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Matt Mitchell <mw...@virginia.edu> on 2007/09/05 17:25:48 UTC

Can't get 1.2 running under Tomcat 5.5

Hi,

I'm having no luck getting Solr 1.2 to run under Tomcat 5.5 using
context fragments. I've followed the example on wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat

The only thing I've changed is the installation method. I'm using the
Tomcat manager to create a context path, and also point to my context
config. This worked fine with Solr 1.1. If I tail the Tomcat log
(catalina.out) I get this (among other things):

Solr does create the data/index directory though along with a few
index files.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Matt

Re: Can't get 1.2 running under Tomcat 5.5

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: OK found the start of the trail... I had a duplicate entry for fulltext in my
: schema. Removed that. Now when I first try to deploy Solr, I get this error:

really? defining the same field name twice gave you an
ArrayIndexOutofBounds? ...  that's bad, i'll open a bug on that.

: SEVERE: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error loading class
: 'solr.IndexInfoRequestHandler'

your solrconfig.xml seems to refer to solr.IndexInfoRequestHandler ...
this was a class that was added to the rcunk after Solr 1.1 was released,
and was removed before 1.2 was released (all of it's functionality was
replaced by the LukeRequestHandler)

-Hoss

Re: Can't get 1.2 running under Tomcat 5.5

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@netflix.com>.
Not really. It is a very poor substitute for reading the release notes,
and sufficiently inadequate that it might not be worth the time.

Diffing the example with the previous release is probably more
instructive, but might or might not help for your application.

A config file checker would be useful.

wunder

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
I guess my warning is more because I play on the edge and have
several times ended up tweaking various apps solrconfig.xml's as I
upgraded them to keep things working.

Anyway, we'll all agree that diff'ing your config files with the
example app can be useful.

	Erik

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Sep 5, 2007, at 11:37 AM, Matt Mitchell wrote:
> SEVERE: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error loading class
> 'solr.IndexInfoRequestHandler'

You're using my old hand-built version of Solr, I suspect.  Hoss
explained it fully in his previous message on this thread.

Posted by Matt Mitchell <mw...@virginia.edu>.

On Sep 5, 2007, at 11:25 AM, Matt Mitchell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having no luck getting Solr 1.2 to run under Tomcat 5.5 using
> context fragments. I've followed the example on wiki:
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat
>
> The only thing I've changed is the installation method. I'm using
> the Tomcat manager to create a context path, and also point to my
> context config. This worked fine with Solr 1.1. If I tail the
> Tomcat log (catalina.out) I get this (among other things):

> Solr does create the data/index directory though along with a few
> index files.
>
> Anyone have any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

Matt Mitchell
Digital Scholarship Services