Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by "Hansaria, Himanshu" <hh...@iu.edu> on 2022/04/12 22:34:54 UTC

Google Summer of Code

Hello All,

I'm Himanshu Hansaria. I'm doing my Masters in Data Science from IUB. Prior to joining IUB, I have worked as a Software Engineer at HSBC for 3 years and 1.5 years as a Machine Learning Engineer where I got experience working with consuming REST API's and using SDK's to autofill data in a form from images. I was also involved in creating visualization dashboards from customer finance data using Javascript.
Working for the client of Eli Lilly during my course at IUB, I got an experience working with graph databases as well.

Currently, I'm looking at these two projects :- AIRAVATA-3593 Smiles Data Models and AIRAVATA-3595 Airavata Rich client based on ElectronJS.

I'm excited and looking forward to applying for the Google Summer of Code program with Apache Airavata.
Can someone help me in understanding these problems in depth and provide any starting pointers if possible for coming up with a proposal.

Thanking you,
Kind regards,
Himanshu

Re: Google Summer of Code

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Himanshu,

With your background, may be you can explore a project to integrate data catalog - https://github.com/SciGaP/seagrid-data <https://github.com/SciGaP/seagrid-data> into Airavata Data Lake - https://github.com/apache/airavata-data-lake <https://github.com/apache/airavata-data-lake>

I can have a call and describe the problem so you can prepare a proposal. You can ping me on Airavata Slack - https://join.slack.com/t/airavata/shared_invite/zt-178t82i1g-bu7CQRvcFBOnZVNgYGxATA <https://join.slack.com/t/airavata/shared_invite/zt-178t82i1g-bu7CQRvcFBOnZVNgYGxATA>

Suresh