Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bob Stine <bo...@waltonstine.net> on 2004/04/22 22:56:33 UTC

2.3 -> 3.0 portingproblem: ApplicationRuntimeException trying to hit activateExternalPage

I'm porting our Tapestry 2.3 app to 3.0.  It's going pretty well, but I've hit a glitch.  We use IExternalPage to integrate our Tapestry app with a traditional JSP app.  Our Tapestry session uses a RedirectException to call out to  the JSP app, which loads up a bunch of parameter values and then evokes the IExternalPage in our Tapestry app.  Our Tapestry app parses the parameter list and goes on its merry way.

This worked under 2.3, but in 3.0 it's failing with the message:

16:24:09,296 ERROR [STDERR] org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationRuntimeException: Service external requires exactly one context parameter.

Any pointers or suggestions?

Thanks.

___
Bob Stine
bob@waltonstine.net
"Let's roll!"  Todd Beamer, UA flight 93