Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by marco ughetti <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/27 12:57:28 UTC

error upgrading from 4.02 to 4.1.1 on Centos 6.4 (similar to CLOUDSTACK-3459 on 4.2))

Hi all, I got this error during the upgrade from 4.02 to 4.1.1 on Centos 6.4

INFO  [cloud.upgrade.DatabaseUpgradeChecker] (Timer-1:) Database upgrade
must be performed from 4.0.2.20130420145617 to 4.1.1
ERROR [utils.db.ScriptRunner] (Timer-1:) Error executing: alter table
vm_template add size bigint unsigned
ERROR [utils.db.ScriptRunner] (Timer-1:)
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Duplicate column
name 'size'
ERROR [cloud.upgrade.DatabaseUpgradeChecker] (Timer-1:) Unable to execute
upgrade script: /usr/share/cloudstack-management/setup/db/schema-40to410.sql
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Duplicate column
name 'size'
    at com.cloud.utils.db.ScriptRunner.runScript(ScriptRunner.java:193)
    at com.cloud.utils.db.ScriptRunner.runScript(ScriptRunner.java:87)
    at
com.cloud.upgrade.DatabaseUpgradeChecker.runScript(DatabaseUpgradeChecker.java:176)
    at
com.cloud.upgrade.DatabaseUpgradeChecker.upgrade(DatabaseUpgradeChecker.java:236)
    at
com.cloud.upgrade.DatabaseUpgradeChecker.check(DatabaseUpgradeChecker.java:361)
    at
com.cloud.utils.component.ComponentContext.initComponentsLifeCycle(ComponentContext.java:90)
    at
com.cloud.servlet.CloudStartupServlet$1.run(CloudStartupServlet.java:50)
ERROR [utils.component.ComponentContext] (Timer-1:) System integrity check
failed. Refuse to startup

I've looked for an already opened bug on this topic but I have not found
anything

Please, anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance

Marco

Re: error upgrading from 4.02 to 4.1.1 on Centos 6.4 (similar to CLOUDSTACK-3459 on 4.2))

Posted by marco ughetti <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ok. I solved the issue restarting the server after having restored the
original 4.0.2 database
It seems to work well but I have a question left
Is it correct that the file componentContext.xml can be found in
/usr/share/cloudstack-management/webapps/client/WEB-INF/classes instead of
/etc/cloudstack/management
Now in /etc/cloudstack/management I have only 24 files while in 4.0.2 they
were 38
Someone can confirm that this is not a problem?
Thanks

Posted by marco ughetti <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply.

Posted by Sanjay Tripathi <sa...@citrix.com>.