Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Clayton Wohl <cl...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/23 22:44:49 UTC

Apache vs Spotify Flink Operator?

At my job, we are using the Spotify Flink Operator in production. Are there
any pros/cons of this Spotify Flink Operator versus the Apache Flink
Operator? We are particularly interested in the forthcoming autoscaling
functionality, but I understand that functionality isn't ready yet. Are
there any other advantages in the current version?

Apache Flink Operator 1.2.0 says it adds support for standalone deployment
mode, but still recommends native deployment mode. Which deployment mode
does the Spotify Flink Operator use? Is there any way I can see the
deployment mode from the GUI or the logs?

Re: Apache vs Spotify Flink Operator?

Posted by Őrhidi Mátyás <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Clayton,

We recently discussed these topics with Robert and Gyula in this
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1G2yFbRpns> podcast.

Cheers,
Matyas