Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net> on 2008/03/05 20:38:46 UTC

Re: Experience with Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition

Steffen wrote:
> Just to inform you.
> We at Apache Lounge done the first build with  Visual Studio 2008
> Professional Edition.
>
> SDK 6.1 (latest as today)
> 2.2.8 source (plus dso and fix for DOS-box)
> Openssl was build with VC8
> Zlib was build with VC8
>
> Changed in apr.hw (otherwise errors):
>
> #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0600
>
> Further no changes.
>
> IDE build goes fine with no errors.
>
> First impression:
> Apache runs fine on my XP box, including mod_ssl.
> Only mod_deflate was not loading. Rebuilding Zlib (ms-asm) with VC9 and
> then build mod_deflate again and it
> starts and works.
>
> Also all the modules build with VC8, like mod_security 2.5.0, mod_watch,
> mod_fcgid, mod_vieuw are running.

Cool!

   Issac

Re: Experience with Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition

Posted by Jorge Schrauwen <jo...@gmail.com>.
I've had no problems building with VC9 either, unless you do it on vista
since the new PSDK updates some files and a small edit is needed.

Also x64 building is out of the question for some reason OpenSSL/Zlib nor
httpd itself want to compile at all.

--
~Jorge

Re: Experience with Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition

Posted by Harry Holt <ha...@gmail.com>.
How about SSL over mod_ldap?

--
Harry Holt, PMP