Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mark Raynsford <or...@io7m.com> on 2017/11/06 16:28:23 UTC

Any ETA for maven-javadoc-plugin 3.0.0?

'Lo.

I'm in the process of converting a ton of projects to Java 9 and am
currently blocked on MJAVADOC-498[0]. The issue has actually been
fixed, it just hasn't made it to a release yet.

If 3.0.0 isn't due for a while yet, is there any chance of getting a
3.0.0-M2?

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MJAVADOC-498

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com

Re: Any ETA for maven-javadoc-plugin 3.0.0?

Posted by Mark Raynsford <or...@io7m.com>.
On 2017-11-12T15:15:49 +0100
"Robert Scholte" <rf...@apache.org> wrote:

> MJAVADOC-475 is about replacing a parameter, which makes it as critical as
> MJAVADOC-457.
> We just consider 3.0.0 to be THE version to be able to do a cleanup, hence
> MJAVADOC-475 must be fixed as well.
>
> The good news is: MJAVADOC-457 and MJAVADOC-475 are finished. I don't see
> any deprecated parameters anymore.
>
> MJAVADOC-499 is a too dangerous proposal for me. So I don't mind moving
> that issue forward, it is not critical for 3.0.0, there is a workaround
> (or preferred solution depending on who you ask) for this issue.
>
> Which means I can prepare the release this week.
> Just need to ensure all CI servers still accept the changes.

OK, thanks!

I look forward to it.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
MJAVADOC-475 is about replacing a parameter, which makes it as critical as
MJAVADOC-457.
We just consider 3.0.0 to be THE version to be able to do a cleanup, hence
MJAVADOC-475 must be fixed as well.

The good news is: MJAVADOC-457 and MJAVADOC-475 are finished. I don't see
any deprecated parameters anymore.

MJAVADOC-499 is a too dangerous proposal for me. So I don't mind moving
that issue forward, it is not critical for 3.0.0, there is a workaround
(or preferred solution depending on who you ask) for this issue.

Which means I can prepare the release this week.
Just need to ensure all CI servers still accept the changes.

thanks,
Robert

Posted by Mark Raynsford <or...@io7m.com>.
'Ello.

On 2017-11-11T14:40:16 +0100
"Robert Scholte" <rf...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'd hope to do a release this month. Not sure if it'll be a M2 or not,
> depends if all 3.0.0 prerequisites are met.

Right.

From what I can see, only MJAVADOC-475 is not really *critical* to the

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
I'd hope to do a release this month. Not sure if it'll be a M2 or not,
depends if all 3.0.0 prerequisites are met.

Robert