Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Clay Teahouse <cl...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/04 17:26:55 UTC

kafka connect

Hello All,

I have a few questions regarding kafka connect. I'd appreciate your replies.

1) Is there a kafka connector for listening to tcp sockets?

2) If there a protobuf converter that can deal with variable length
messages? Meaning read the prefix that specifies the length and use the
specified length to read the actual message?

thanks
Clay

Re: kafka connect

Posted by Hans Jespersen <ha...@confluent.io>.
If you are looking for connectors there is a good curated list of connectors here https://www.confluent.io/product/connectors/ <https://www.confluent.io/product/connectors/>

I don't see tcp on the list but the general naming scheme for open source connectors on github is to call them “kafka-connect-*”. I quick search will yield a few “kafka-connect-tcp” connectors like this one https://github.com/dhanuka84/kafka-connect-tcp <https://github.com/dhanuka84/kafka-connect-tcp>

-hans

Re: kafka connect

Posted by mayank rathi <ma...@gmail.com>.
In case you do not find Kafka Connector for listening to TCP sockets, you
can use NiFi for this task. NiFi has a processor to listen to TCP messages.

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 1:26 PM, Clay Teahouse <cl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have a few questions regarding kafka connect. I'd appreciate your
> replies.
>
> 1) Is there a kafka connector for listening to tcp sockets?
>
> 2) If there a protobuf converter that can deal with variable length
> messages? Meaning read the prefix that specifies the length and use the
> specified length to read the actual message?
>
> thanks
> Clay

intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
all copies of the original message.

Re: kafka connect

Posted by mayank rathi <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: kafka connect