Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Andy Bird <aj...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/08 16:12:17 UTC

Centos, ats, apache

Hi all

this is new to me so bear with me..

Here is what I am attempting to do..

single server
ats on 109.203.113.185:80 http://cache.shearmyste.com
apache on 213.229.120.164:80 http://shearmyste.com/

I want ATS to cache the content of site shearmyste.com (which will be
a Magento installation eventually)

I tried
map http://cache.shearmyste.com  http://shearmyste.com

However, all I got was a cycle warning.

Your request is prohibited because it would cause a cycle.

So I guess my 1st question is should what I am trying to do work?

thanks
Andy

Re: Centos, ats, apache

Posted by Hung Nguyen <it...@gmail.com>.
would you please try to add 2 more '/' to remap rule like this

> map http://cache.shearmyste.com/  http://shearmyste.com/

I guess TS send an invalid GET request to apache cause that error.
The request header is something like this:

> GET index.htm HTTP/1.1
> Host: shearmyste.com
> Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
> Accept-Charset: UTF-8,*
> Connection: keep-alive
>
>   When it should be like this:

> GET /index.htm HTTP/1.1
> Host: shearmyste.com
> Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
> Accept-Charset: UTF-8,*
> Connection: keep-alive
>
> Anyway, if it can not fix your problem, please include apache error log to
next email.

--
---
hungnv

Re: Centos, ats, apache

Posted by Andy Bird <aj...@gmail.com>.
OK moving on..

As I cant get it to work on the same server I am now testing with two servers..

server 1:
AST : demo8.shearmyste.com :

Server 2
apache : demo8.dx3webs.com

When I call demo8.shearmyste.com it looks to work great.. however,
every link is still showing the original link..
so a quick test page.. demo8.shearmyste.com/test.html again url is
shown correct and content is being pulled through and relative links
are fine but the hard coded links are staying the same..

is there a way around this? I thought it was meant to re-write all the links?

map http://demo8.shearmyste.com/ http://demo8.dx3webs.com/
reverse_map http://demo8.dx3webs.com/ http://demo8.shearmyste.com/

CONFIG proxy.config.reverse_proxy.enabled INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.default_to_server_pac INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.default_to_server_pac_port INT -1
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr INT 0

thanks all

Andy

Fwd: Centos, ats, apache

Posted by Andy Bird <aj...@gmail.com>.
hi Leif,

> I think we actually have a bug. :) Can you confirm a few things:
>
> 1) You used  LOCAL proxy.local.incoming_ip_to_bind STRING 109.203.113.185
> in records.config ?

see here for conf : http://screencast.com/t/vAq21jJVa1

> 2) What does "hostname" report?

# hostname
dx1004.dx3webs.com

> 3) What does nslookup on the hostname from #2 show ?

# nslookup dx1004.dx3webs.com
Server:         217.112.88.10
Address:        217.112.88.10#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   dx1004.dx3webs.com
Address: 213.175.203.236

> If in #3 the IP is 213.229.120.164, then that's why you get the loop
> detection. The bug is really that we ought to use the value from
> proxy.local.incoming_ip_to_bind when detecting loops, instead of the IP
> associated with "hostname".
>
> -- leif

hmm does that help?

Re: Centos, ats, apache