Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Joe Reger, Jr." <jo...@joereger.com> on 2005/04/18 19:16:10 UTC

Tomcat Won't Start When >1024Mb JVM Memory Specified

Hi All!

I'm trying to configure Tomcat to use 2.5Gb of memory on Windows 2000 Server
SP4 with Java 1.4.2_04.

To configure memory I'm using Start -> Programs -> Apache Tomcat 5.0 ->
Configure Tomcat -> Java Tab.

When I set the Maximum Memory Pool to anything greater than 1024Mb the
Tomcat service bombs immediately and gives an error popup (when done from
the Services control panel).  Sorry, I didn't write down the error code.

Is there a 1Gb limit on the JVM?  On Tomcat?

Should I configure by editing startup.bat/catalina.bat instead?

I'm open to suggestions/workarounds.

Thanks,

Joe Reger