Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/12 22:56:33 UTC

[DRAFT] Board report

Here the board report I plan to submit tomorrow at the latest:

The mission of Apache Commons is the creation and maintenance of Java
focused
reusable libraries and components

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Commons was founded 2007-06-19 (15 years ago)
There are currently 149 committers and 42 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 5:2.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Matt Juntunen on 2021-06-25.
- No new committers. Last addition was Claude Warren on 2022-02-01.

## Project Activity:
The Commons project released the following in this reporting period: There
are
no issues requiring board attention.
- CONFIGURATION-2.8.0 was released on 2022-07-03.
- IMAGING-1.0-alpha3 was released on 2022-05-19.
- DAEMON-1.3.1 was released on 2022-05-09.

Once Apache RAT 0.15 releases, we will release commons-parent and release
several components.

## Community Health:
The health of the Commons is OK even though the activity has decreased in
all
categories (email lists, Jira, commits, and PRs). We are still processing
Jira
tickets and PRS.

Gary

Re: [DRAFT] Board report

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Ah! Now I see it. ty!

Gary

Re: [DRAFT] Board report

Posted by Paul King <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DRAFT] Board report

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
What is the glitch?

Re: [DRAFT] Board report

Posted by Paul King <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DRAFT] Board report

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The Commons project has a long history, see:

https://whimsy.apache.org/board/minutes/Commons.html

In its current incarnation, it was incorporated in June 2007:

https://apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2007/board_minutes_2007_06_20.txt

The Whimsy date comes from committee-info.txt, which only records the
month and year, so I'm not sure where the 19th of June was obtained,
but it should be the 20th.

Sebb

Re: [DRAFT] Board report

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.