Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com> on 2000/06/01 04:10:48 UTC

RE: [PROPOSED] linkage spec names, final binding vote

Sorry, I answered the last half of your question in my
original reply, but didn't notice the other aspect.

I don't care, personally, between __cdecl and __stdcall.
If you are linking from c, c++, perl or python, it
shouldn't matter.  If you are linking from pascal, vb,
or some other languages, it will.  If you want to be
supportive of coding in any of the above, live by stdcall.

If anyone wants APR (__cdecl) or apache (__stdcall)
toggled, speak up.  I was considering some benchmarks of
both __cdecl, and both __stdcall, but I'm not there yet.