Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chas Emerick <ce...@snowtide.com> on 2011/05/10 21:43:09 UTC

invoker:install breaks local repos with Maven 3

I filed this bug last week; in short, using invoker:install under Maven 3
results in a borked local repository every time:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5087

A real project that happens to have a pretty minimal pom is linked from
there.  Does anyone have any visibility into this at all?

Incidentally, the only reason why I'm not using a <localRepositoryPath> for
invoker:install is because invoker v1.5 requires a per-project settings.xml
file to copy artifacts from the local repo.  Looking at the source for
invoker:install in v1.6-SNAPSHOT, it would appear that artifacts are
intended to always be copied from the local repo to the invoker's test repo
directly, rather than obtained over the network; unfortunately, my quick
test with 1.6-SNAPSHOT would appear that it still pulls from network
repositories.  Am I reading this change in SNAPSHOT improperly?

Thanks,

- Chas