Posted to user@ode.apache.org by "raulvk.soa" <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/05 15:40:57 UTC

ServiceMix Apache ODE Process and Instance Management

Hi,

I am trying to manage Apache ODE via JMX, using jConsole and accessing the
org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ProcessAndInstanceManagementMBean bean...

However, everytime I invoke a methods I get the following error:

java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling return; nested exception
is:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlObjectBase$SerializedRootObject (no
security manager: RMI class loader disabled).

I have added the xmlbeans-2.3.0.jar to the servicemix/lib and
servicemix/lib/optional directores to no avail.

Could someone give me some directions as to what can be causing this error?

Many thanks.

Re: ServiceMix Apache ODE Process and Instance Management

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Alex Boisvert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I suggest filing a bug for this.
>
> Also, no one is currently maintaining the MBeans (our preference is now to
> expose the services via WS instead of JMX) so if you're interested in
> investigating this, it would probably be the fastest way to get it
> resolved.  And we can help if you get stuck.

+1. I believe this is rather a design issue than a bug, however not that
easy to decide. Currently the MBean exposes the management API directly.
 This implies that clients need to have the same classes in its class
path. As most management methods take and return XML objects, it's
probably better to translate these objects from/to XML before/after the
invocation so that the JMX management API does not directly comply with
the original interface but instead deals with Strings that can be
entered/displayed with arbitrary JMX tool.

Tammo

Re: ServiceMix Apache ODE Process and Instance Management

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Hi,

I suggest filing a bug for this.

Also, no one is currently maintaining the MBeans (our preference is now to
expose the services via WS instead of JMX) so if you're interested in
investigating this, it would probably be the fastest way to get it
resolved.  And we can help if you get stuck.

alex