Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/25 13:36:40 UTC

About websocket component

Just a few thoughts about the new web socket component in Camel 2.10.

1)
Its currently set to use a default port of 9292. I wonder why? I dont
assume this is some sort of default / best practice used port for web
socket communications?
Any suggestions to either not provide a default port, forcing ppl to
configure it. Or use another sensible default port number?

2)
What about secure web socket? Dont clients support this today in the
browsers? Just wonder if you can do wss from a client?
If so we should add a JIRA so we can add support for that in camel-websocket.

3)
I wonder what it takes for supporting this in Karaf with the default
Jetty engine it provides in pax-web?
Would people using Karaf not like to use its Jetty, than using the
Jetty from camel-websocket? And if so, what would it take to
configure and setup this?

4)
Since camel-websocket is using Jetty, maybe we should consider moving
the code to camel-jetty, so you have both in the same module?
Wouldn't people not want to use the same port for regular http
services, and then websocket services as well?

--
Claus Ibsen