Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Labib Iskander, Marcus" <ml...@cm4all.com> on 2002/10/07 11:50:56 UTC

FW: Some Matcher and Mailets

Hello all,

did take quite a long time but I would like to represent my patches:
newmatcher.zip contains:
	-HeaderSmallerThan.java: Matcher examining an integer valued header
and matching the whole recipient list in case this header is smaller than a
given value
	-NullSender.java: Matching all recipients in case the sender of the
mail is null (<>)
	-NamedSender.java: inverse of NullSender
notify.diff:
	adds the optional feature to NotifyPostmaster.java and
NotifySender.java to raise an arbitrary integer valued mail header by one on
notifactions messages.

notify.diff and the HeaderSmallerThan matcher together present a way to
protect oneself against notifiaction loops. there can be many reasons how
such loops are build up, most probably in conjunction with a configuration
error.
It is very easy to misconfigure James to loop notifications endlessly. These
enhancement makes changing the configuration more comfortable because errors
will not result in crashing the server. And still there may be unforeseen
errors resulting in a loop.

Please include these changes in the James distribution.

Cheers,
  Marcus