Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by mo...@gmail.com on 2009/07/14 17:17:59 UTC

replica on in the beginning or added later

as a followup question
the items we are storing are extremely valuable and we are using cassandra
as a sql replacement tool.. ie no more postgres and all data from cassandra,
given cassandra scalability

as we hit limits on postgres and found pgpool-II horizontal partitioning too
clunky and skype, plproxy requires too much rewiring the client code.

should we start with a replica factor 1 and then increase replica factor to
2
or is is prudent to start with a replica factor of 2

Can cassandra replicate even after running for a long time with a replica
factor of 1, if we change the replica factor to say 2 after 2months when we
add more nodes and figure there is enough space now to replicate

thanks

--
Bidegg worlds best auction site
http://bidegg.com

Re: replica on in the beginning or added later

Posted by mo...@gmail.com.
what is quorum for a key?

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.