Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Emond Papegaaij <em...@topicus.nl> on 2010/04/27 09:11:37 UTC

wicketpath is not valid html

Hi,

For our project, we use the Wicket Stuff HTML Validator
(http://github.com/dashorst/wicket-stuff-markup-validator), which informs us
of invalid HTML upfront. However, with the switch from wicket 1.3 to 1.4, this
validator is giving many errors on the wicketpath attribute.

This attributed used to be named wicket:path, and was renamed to wicketpath as
part of WICKET-1877, because selenium is having trouble using wicket:path. It
was opted to make the name configurable, but decided that 'we don't need yet
another configuration option'. Could this please be reconsidered? I like to
keep the wicket:path attributes in the generated markup, because they can be
very handy for debugging, but I have to disable them to keep the HTML
validator happy.

Best regards,
Emond Papegaaij

{Spam?} Re: wicketpath is not valid html

Posted by Emond Papegaaij <em...@topicus.nl>.
I don't like changing the DTD, but I could always add it as a known wicket bug
to HtmlValidationResponseFilter.

Emond

Posted by bh...@actrix.gen.nz.

Posted by Emond Papegaaij <em...@topicus.nl>.
Our validator is always on in development mode, so that would require
completely turning off the attribute (which is what I did now), but the
attribute can be very useful for debugging, so I'm loosing that functionality
right now. Can't it be a tri-state configuration option
(ON/SELENIUM_COMPATIBLE/OFF)? Perhaps this can be implemented in wicket 1.5?

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.