Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Rohan Desai <de...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/11 23:29:08 UTC

Semantics of close and ephemeral nodes

What are the exact semantics of a close. Will it return only after the
zookeeper cluster has closed the session associated with the handle being
closed? Can I expect that after close() on the zookeeper handle returns
that any ephemeral nodes associated with that handle are gone? Or, is it
possible for the session to persist even after close returns?

Re: Semantics of close and ephemeral nodes

Posted by Vitalii Tymchyshyn <ti...@gmail.com>.
As far as I understand, it is guaranteed to be closed on the leader. I am
not sure about another servers.

2013/5/3 Rohan Desai <de...@gmail.com>

> Right, but is the session guaranteed to be over once close() has returned?
>

> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 2:44 AM, Deepa <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The ephemerals will get deleted once close()is called and the session
> > associated with the handle is no more valid.
> >

> > --

Best regards,
 Vitalii Tymchyshyn

Re: Semantics of close and ephemeral nodes

Posted by Rohan Desai <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepa <de...@gmail.com>.