Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by RuralHunter <ru...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/21 04:26:30 UTC

Select OnValueChanged event not triggered

I wrote a component which contains several selects. I want to track the value
change event of one select so I can update other fields in the comp. But the
onValueChanged method I put in the comp is never called. I put the code
below. Can someone guide me what I can check and how to fix it?

tml code:
<select t:type="select" t:blankLabel="Pls select"
t:value="selectedDeptInTeamForm" t:model="deptSelectModel" name="sel"
                          t:encoder="deptSelectEncoder"
t:zone="memberListZone" t:id="teamDeptSelect">
                     <option value="">Pls select</option>
                  </select>

java code:
public Object onValueChangedFromTeamDeptSelect(Department dept)
    {
        System.out.println("select value changed: "+dept);
        return memberListZone.getBody();
    }

I did not see the system.out so I believe this method is never called.

Re: Select OnValueChanged event not triggered

Posted by RuralHunter <ru...@gmail.com>.
After some testing and investigating, I tend to ask this question: does the
ajax function works in my own component without my own js file such as the
ajax function of Select component?
I tried the ajax select on
jumpstart(http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/ajax/select1).
It worked. But after I changed it into a component and put it in another, it
stops to work.