Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "nagarjuna.a" <na...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/17 20:27:34 UTC

Protected view problem using apache poi .XLS spreadsheet generation

Hi,
I am using apache poi 3.7 HSSF to create excel in .xls format.
i have a web application using jsf and we have a link to download and open
the excel in our application , when i open excel from application it is
opening from temporary folder so
it is opening in protected view. every time i need to click on enable
editing then only the formula's are getting applied..
It is happening only in excel 2010 and it is working fine in excel 2007.

is there any way to enable editing to true by default.???

Re: Protected view problem using apache poi .XLS spreadsheet generation

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

I believe this is something that Excel does and you will not be able
to control this in the document as this is a "security" feature and it
would be useless if you can simply disable it in the document.

Dominik.