Posted to user@struts.apache.org by wu qihua <wq...@hotmail.com> on 2002/08/26 05:19:38 UTC

question about logic:notPresent in struts-blank of struts1.02

   the snippet is the following,and I think it means that if there not exist
a MESSAGE class in the pacakge org.apache.struts.action,then will show
error.but when I look into the struts.jar in the lib directory,the really
did not exist that class,but inthe display page  there is not such error
message.Should struts search other lib other  then struts.jar?if really,then
which directory did it
search except lib.

<logic:notPresent name="org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE"
scope="application">
    ERROR:  Application resources not loaded -- check servlet container
    logs for error messages.
</logic:notPresent>

RE: question about logic:notPresent in struts-blank of struts1.02

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.
No, the logic:present and logic:notPresent simply check for the existence of
some object in some scope.

The "org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE" just provides for a unique key so
that one's application objects does not overwrite the frameworks.

Hope that helps

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta