Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Li, Qiang" <Qi...@msci.com> on 2013/03/19 15:43:53 UTC

How to share config files in SolrCloud between multiple cores(collections)

We have multiple cores with the same configurations, before using SolrCloud, we can use relative path in solr.xml. But with Solr4, is seems denied for using relative path for the schema and config in solr.xml.

Regards,
Ivan

This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain proprietary and/or confidential information which may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy the original message and any copies of the message as well as any attachments to the original message. Local registered entity information: http://www.msci.com/legal/local_registered_entities.html

Re: How to share config files in SolrCloud between multiple cores(collections)

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 3/20/2013 1:28 PM, Li, Qiang wrote:
> I just want to share the solrconfig.xml and schema.xml. As there should be differences between collections for other files, such as the DIH's configurations.

I believe that SolrCloud treats each config set as a completely separate
entity, with no ability to share files.  Unless you're dealing with a
very large number of different config combinations, dealing with
multiple config sets should not be too bad.  Also, it is possible to
provide any part of the config for DIH as parameters on the URL that
starts the import, so it might be possible to come up with one
dataimport config that will work for multiple collections.

It would probably be possible to share certain files between config sets
by patching Solr's source code, but I doubt that it would be easy to
implement, and a major change like that would require extensive testing
before it would be allowed in a released version.

Thanks,
Shawn

RE: How to share config files in SolrCloud between multiple cores(collections)

Posted by "Li, Qiang" <Qi...@msci.com>.
I just want to share the solrconfig.xml and schema.xml. As there should be differences between collections for other files, such as the DIH's configurations.

To share configs in SolrCloud you just upload a single config set and then link it to multiple collections. You don't actually use solr.xml to do it.

- Mark

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.