Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by st...@outerthought.org on 2003/09/12 08:00:06 UTC

[WIKI-UPDATE] NoMoreDtmIdError Con DeleteMe Fri Sep 12 08:00:06 2003

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=NoMoreDtmIdError , version: 13 on Fri Sep 12 05:44:18 2003 by Con

- * place the JARs in a special directory of your choice and set java.endorsed.dirs to this directory: -Djava.endosed.dirs=/the/path/to/a/directory/of/your/choice
+ * place the JARs in a special directory of your choice and set java.endorsed.dirs to this directory: -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/the/path/to/a/directory/of/your/choice
?                                                                                                                 +

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Con , version: 8 on Fri Sep 12 05:16:02 2003 by Con

- My name is [Conal Tuohy|mailto:conalt@paradise.net.nz].
- I work part time at the [New Zealand Electronic Text Centre|http://www.nzetc.org/] which has a Cocoon-based website.
+ My name is [Conal Tuohy|mailto:conalt@paradise.net.nz]. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. I've been using Cocoon for a couple of years, and I like it a lot.
+
+ I work part time at the [New Zealand Electronic Text Centre|http://www.nzetc.org/] which has a Cocoon-based website, and offers consultancy and text-processing services to local businesses, generally using Cocoon as a platform.
+
- I also teach web publishing and do some other consultancy work.
+ I also teach web publishing at a local Polytechnic and I do some other freelance consultancy work.
?                              +++++++++++++++++++++++  ++              ++++++++++

- The site also makes heavy use of [MetaStylesheets] for HTML templates.
?                                                                       -

+ The site also makes heavy use of [MetaStylesheets] for HTML templates, and for Schematron validation.
?                                                                      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- I've done some work on the [LuceneIndexTransformer], which we use for indexing the NZETC site. This is a far better way to index a website than with a crawler, IMHO.
+ The site uses [Batik] for scaling images and making thumbnails.
- I also wrote the HOWTO [JarProtocolExample] which describes how to read data from inside a JAR, ZIP or Open Office file.
+ I wrote the documentation for the [LuceneIndexTransformer] and also changed the transformer a bit so it can update an index incrementally. Now we use this component for indexing the NZETC site. It's a far better way to index a website than with a crawler, IMHO.
+ I also wrote the [JarProtocolExample] HOWTO which describes how to read data from inside a JAR, ZIP or Open Office file, though personally I haven't used this at all :-)
+
+ On my list of things to do is an application of Topic Maps in Cocoon: I'm looking at ways to define page layouts that read various pieces of information about a topic from a Topic Map and aggregate them into an HTML page. The idea is that a Topic Map will provide an architectural layer to separate the raw resources from the page layout and navigation, and that this will facilitate a better division of labour between the people who define pipelines, and people designing the look and feel of the site.
+

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=DeleteMe , version: 16 on Fri Sep 12 05:33:20 2003 by Con

+ * "Tutorial" attachment on [LuceneIndexTransformer] is about something else entirely