Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by lsclark <li...@rackspace.com> on 2008/06/30 20:01:53 UTC

How to configure a durable topic subscriber that fails over in a master/slave config?

>From a Master/Slave broker configuration, I'd like to have the active master
at any given point in time also act as a durable topic subscriber to a topic
on an external message broker.  If a slave takes over as master, I'd like
the master to remove its durable topic subscriber, and the slave to pick up
the durable topic subscription.

I believe that I'd be able to do this with the AdvisoryTopic.MasterBroker
topic available in 5.2.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I'd be able to
accomplish this with ActiveMQ 5.1?

Re: How to configure a durable topic subscriber that fails over in a master/slave config?

Posted by lsclark <li...@rackspace.com>.
I've been able to achieve my goal by setting up a durable topic subscriber as
a JmsBridgeConnector.