Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2012/04/16 06:38:36 UTC

Re: Apache Ivy 2.3.0-RC1 Release

On 2012-04-16, Maarten Coene wrote:

> The tag is here: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/ivy/core/tags/2.3.0-rc1/
> You can download it from this URL: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivy/

<OT>When downloading stuff with Firefox on Linux the tarballs get
corrupted (gziped a second time), something that I intend to
investigate.  Things look good when using svn to check out the dir.</OT>

The docs inside the source tarball don't match those of the svn tag
(they contain additional Javascript among other differences), is this
intentional?

Stefan

Re: Apache Ivy 2.3.0-RC1 Release

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2012-04-16, Maarten Coene wrote:

> The docs inside the distribution files are the generated html files.
> The tagged docs are the template html files from which the
> documentation is generated.

> I don't know if this is a good practice, but we use this procedure
> since version 2.0.

OK, I didn't know that - or maybe I did but just forgot about it.
Personally I think the source distribution should match the svn tag, but
it is not a blocker to me.

> Perhaps we could change this, but maybe for the next (2.4.0) release?

That would be good IMHO.

> btw, I could download the tarballs on windows with firefox 9.0.1
> without a problem.

Strange.  The .zips work for me gut the .gzs are causing problems.  It
looks as if they get gzipped a second time.

Stefan

Re: Apache Ivy 2.3.0-RC1 Release

Posted by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Stefan,

The docs inside the distribution files are the generated html files.
The tagged docs are the template html files from which the documentation is generated.

I don't know if this is a good practice, but we use this procedure since version 2.0.
Perhaps we could change this, but maybe for the next (2.4.0) release?

btw, I could download the tarballs on windows with firefox 9.0.1 without a problem.

Maarten