Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> on 2013/12/16 21:05:49 UTC

3.3 Blog Post (Please Review)

I've added release notes for Android, iOS, CLI. If you want your platform
to have release notes in this post, then please add them below.

---
layout: post
author:
    name: Andrew Grieve
    url: https://twitter.com/GrieveAndrew
title:  "Apache Cordova 3.3.0"
categories: announcements
tags: news releases
---

On Friday, `Cordova 3.3` went live on npm. Woohoo!

This release brings with it initial support for Ubuntu Touch as well as
Fire OS!

To upgrade: (replace `android` with the platform you want to update):

    npm install -g cordova
    cd my_project
    cordova platform update android

For non-CLI projects or for pre-3.0 projects, refer to the [upgrade guides](
http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.3.0/guide_platforms_index.md.html).

<!--more-->

## What's new in Android

41 commits from 11 authors. Highlights include:

* CB-5481 Fix for Cordova trying to get config.xml from the wrong namespace
* CB-5487 Enable Remote Debugging when your Android app is debuggable.
* CB-5445 Adding onScrollChanged and the ScrollEvent object
* CB-5422 Don't require JAVA_HOME to be defined
* CB-5490 Add javadoc target to ant script
* CB-5471 Deprecated DroidGap class
* CB-5255 Prefer Google API targets over android-## targets when building.
* CB-5232 Change create script to use Cordova as a Library Project instead
of a .jar
* CB-5302 Massive movement to get tests working again
* CB-4996 Fix paths with spaces while launching on emulator and device
* CB-5209 Cannot build Android app if project path contains spaces

## What's new in iOS

* No significant Changes

## What's new in Windows Phone 7 & 8

## What's new in Windows 8

## What's new in BlackBerry 10

## What's new in FirefoxOS

## What's new in Cordova-CLI

* CB-5347 Handle dangling platform symlink in cordova platform add
* Added deprecation notice about wp7
* Updated plugman version to 0.17.0
  * CB-5238 Adds support on iOS for <framework src="..." custom="true" />
* CB-5573 relies on stderr content and error codes to detect a problem with
xcode installation.
* CB-4382 Pass cli arguments to project-level hooks
* CB-5362 blackberry parser: support local cordova-blackberry
* CB-5345 Add pre_package event for windows8 parser.

## Plugin versions tested with this release

* cordova-plugin-battery-status: 0.2.5
* cordova-plugin-camera: 0.2.5
* cordova-plugin-console: 0.2.5
* cordova-plugin-contacts: 0.2.6
* cordova-plugin-device: 0.2.5
* cordova-plugin-device-motion: 0.2.4
* cordova-plugin-device-orientation: 0.3.3
* cordova-plugin-dialogs: 0.2.4
* cordova-plugin-file: 0.2.5
* cordova-plugin-file-transfer: 0.4.0
* cordova-plugin-geolocation: 0.3.4
* cordova-plugin-globalization: 0.2.4
* cordova-plugin-inappbrowser: 0.2.5
* cordova-plugin-media: 0.2.6
* cordova-plugin-media-capture: 0.2.5
* cordova-plugin-network-information: 0.2.5
* cordova-plugin-splashscreen: 0.2.5
* cordova-plugin-vibration: 0.3.5

Re: 3.3 Blog Post (Please Review)

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for doing this Andrew.
One comment (which I will fix with a patch, prob tomorrow) is that the css
is not responsive so on mobile you have to scroll horizontally to read it.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
Thx Andrew && everyone: happy holidays eh!

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Josh Soref <js...@blackberry.com>.