Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Tebong <mt...@hupk.com> on 2004/02/02 15:50:27 UTC

tomcat and apache

I have a little problem with my web site. It has to do with the session disconnecting on my proxy server.
Basically, I have an apache 2.0 server that acts as a web proxy. Its IP is 192.168.11.11. I also have another server which is internal, and running tomcat with IP 192.168.11.211. On the proxy server, I have it configured so that when a request for a URL (say www.mydom1.com) comes in, the proxy sends it to 192.168.11.211/mydom1.
www.mydom1.com maintains a session. When I access the pages of the site that use the session thru www.mydom1.com, I get an exception. When I access it through 192.168.11.211/mydom1, it works fine. I am accessing it from IP 192.168.11.40. But from outsite, the only way to access it is through the domain name, and it gives the same error.
Similarly, The web site has large graphics, and what happens is that half the graphics is displayed when you try to access through the proxy, but when you access it directly, everything is fine.
This happens the same way from different computers.
I looked at the tomcat logs and I saw that the session was disconnecting when you used the proxy.
I have looked everywhere on the web, and I can't find any solutions.
PLEASE HELP.

Thanks

RE: tomcat and apache

Posted by Yansheng Lin <ya...@silvacom.com>.
Hi, you might get more answers if you ask this question on httpd mail list.
This is not a tomcat problem, rather it's the proxy configuration in httpd
that's giving you grief.  You might want to take a look on how you define you
<Directory> and <Location> directives.  Without looking at your directives, it's
hard to say where the problem could be...