Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Brill Pappin <br...@jmonkey.com> on 2000/02/16 12:24:03 UTC

Context throws exception for missing web.xml

I'm discovering that the a context will through an exception if it can't
find the web.xml.
(java.io.FileNotFoundException to be specific)

I think that a context without a specific configuration, should default to
the ROOT context. this would allow us to add certain attributes (Such as a
common servlet?) to all contexts, by adding it to the parent context.
(better yet, define a "common" context).

not to mention that it would stop this error, though thats not so important.

- Brill Pappin
  www.jmonkey.com

Re: new tomcat.xml file

Posted by co...@eng.sun.com.
> Would i be correct in assuming that the server.xml will eventually go away,
> and that the new tomcat.xml file will be the main configuration file?

No, it seems server.xml will remain ( in a modified form ).
( same "incremental changes" - too many people are used to server.xml,
we can try a slow evolution, by adding what's missing and removing what's
not used ).

I removed tomcat.xml, it is no  longer used.

Costin

new tomcat.xml file

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@jmonkey.com>.