Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dhawal Doshy <dh...@netmagicsolutions.com> on 2006/12/12 09:04:46 UTC

Filtering THIS list (Re: Breaking up the Bot army - we need a plan)

Steve Thomas wrote:
> Once again, Perkel clutters the SpamAssassin list with a non-SpamAssassin
> discussion. One which, IIRC, he's just rehashing from a year or so ago
> (are we going to see a rehash of the "the future of email storage is sql"
> thread, too?). There are FAR more appropriate forums for these non-SA
> related things.
>
> Is anyone else getting tired of this? Forty eight messages on the SA list
> today that have nothing to do with SA. What's the point of having a
> topical mailing list if nobody cares that the discussion is off-topic?
>
> St-

Make that 2 of us. I for one would like to filter out all mails/threads
originated by perkel (yeah which would include this mail as well)..

i too am tired of him trying to discuss things that don't belong to SA.

- dhawal

Re: Filtering THIS list [OT]

Posted by Dhawal Doshy <dh...@netmagicsolutions.com>.
Dhawal Doshy wrote:
> Make that 2 of us. I for one would like to filter out all mails/threads
> originated by perkel (yeah which would include this mail as well)..

i *really* would like to filter this list for obvious reasons based on
sender / thread originated by sender while continuing to receive other
mails.. does ezmlm provide such a feature? A mail to
users-help@spamassassin.apache.org doesn't help at all.

I use mailscanner with postfix, so any pointers in that direction would
help as well.

Of course this is OT and i really ought to send this request to the
postfix list OR the mailscanner list, but who cares??

TIA,
- dhawal