Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/11 16:29:07 UTC

What should be the recommended Java version for future Airavata releases ?

$subject, please.
Should it be Java 1.7 or Java 1.6 ?
This is mainly for development purpose. Cos if we are using 1.7 we can use
1.7 API methods which are not provided in 1.6.

Thanks
Thejaka Amila

Re: What should be the recommended Java version for future Airavata releases ?

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Given that 1.8 early releases are already out, 1.6 will soon get into issues with support updates. So I would vote for 1.7+ unless we have any other serious concerns.

Suresh