Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Martin, Jose (Exchange)" <Jo...@bear.com> on 2004/04/06 18:03:31 UTC

resource file configuration

I'm having a problem with using :
<bean:message> tag.
the message from the resource file is not displayed.

In the log file I see:
 [INFO] PropertyMessageResources - -Initializing, config='org.apache.struts.util.LocalStrings', returnNull=true
[INFO] PropertyMessageResources - -Initializing, config='org.apache.struts.action.ActionResources', returnNull=true
[INFO] PropertyMessageResources - -Initializing, config='com.bear.trs.support.ApplicationResources_us', returnNull=true

[INFO] PropertyMessageResources - -Initializing, config='org.apache.struts.taglib.html.LocalStrings', returnNull=true
[INFO] PropertyMessageResources - -Initializing, config='org.apache.struts.util.LocalStrings', returnNull=true
[INFO] PropertyMessageResources - -Initializing, config='org.apache.struts.taglib.html.LocalStrings', returnNull=true

this is how I setup Message Resources in struts-config.xml:
    <message-resources
            factory="org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResourcesFactory"
            key="org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE"
            null="false"
            parameter="com.bear.trs.support.ApplicationResources_us"/>

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Re: resource file configuration

Posted by Kumar M <ku...@netscape.net>.
Why are you storing the message resources bundle under the MESSAGE key?
I am not sure what impact this would have. Try removing that line (so
that the default key gets used). Also make sure that resources file is
in the correct location/classpath.